Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 16 fresh sage leaves
- 8 large, thin slices prosciutto
- 8 chicken cutlets
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup Marsala wine
- 2 tablespoons capers in brine, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Heat oven to 350° F. Place 2 sage leaves in the center of each slice of prosciutto, then wrap each cutlet in the prosciutto.
- Put the flour and pepper on a plate and dredge the prepared cutlets. Heat the oil and 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the butter is foaming, add 4 of the cutlets, seam-side down.
- Cook the cutlets until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a baking dish. Repeat with 1 tablespoon of the butter and the remaining cutlets.
- Transfer the baking dish to oven and cook the cutlets for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, reduce heat under the skillet to medium-low and add the Marsala. Simmer for 3 minutes, stirring constantly and scraping up browned bits.
- Add the capers and parsley. Stir in the remaining tablespoon of butter. Spoon the sauce over the chicken.
- Per Serving
- Calories 372Calories From Fat 165
- Fat 19g
- Sat Fat 8g
- Cholesterol 123mg
- Sodium 1,040mg
- Protein 38g
- Carbohydrate 8g
- Sugar 1g
- Fiber 0g
- Iron 2mg
- Calcium 69mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .