- 2 1/2 to 3pounds bone-in, skin-on chicken pieces
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2teaspoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1/2cup pitted kalamata olives
- Heat oven to 400° F. Season the chicken with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches if necessary, cook the chicken until golden brown, 5 to 6 minutes per side.
- Transfer the chicken to a rimmed baking sheet and bake until cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes. To the skillet, add the lemon slices and cook until golden, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Mix in the olives and serve over the chicken.