- 1cup plain yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2teaspoon ground cumin
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 1/2pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for the grill
- 2teaspoons red wine vinegar
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium-high.
- In a shallow baking dish, combine the yogurt, garlic, cumin, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Thread the chicken onto 8 skewers and set them in the yogurt marinade, turning to coat. Refrigerate at least 10 minutes or overnight.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the chickpeas, onion, celery, parsley, oil, vinegar, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and cook on a well-oiled grill or grill pan, turning occasionally, until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Divide the chickpea salad among plates and serve with the chicken.