cloves garlic, finely chopped
kosher salt and black pepper
boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
red onion, thinly sliced
stalks celery, sliced
fresh flat-leaf parsley
extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for the grill
red wine vinegar
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium-high.
- In a shallow baking dish, combine the yogurt, garlic, cumin, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Thread the chicken onto 8 skewers and set them in the yogurt marinade, turning to coat. Refrigerate at least 10 minutes or overnight.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the chickpeas, onion, celery, parsley, oil, vinegar, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and cook on a well-oiled grill or grill pan, turning occasionally, until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Divide the chickpea salad among plates and serve with the chicken.