Chicken, Ham, and Mozzarella Stacks With Marinated Tomatoes
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 pound tomatoes, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 small zucchini (4 ounces), sliced
- 4 chicken cutlets (about 12 ounces)
- 8 slices deli ham (4 ounces)
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup torn fresh basil leaves
- In a medium bowl, toss the tomatoes and olives with 2 tablespoons of the oil and ¹/₄ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the remaining oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season the zucchini with ¹/₄ teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook until browned and tender, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the skillet. Season the chicken with ¹/₄ teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook until browned on one side, 1 to 2 minutes. Turn the chicken and, dividing evenly, top with the zucchini, ham, and mozzarella. Cover and cook until the cheese has melted, 3 to 4 minutes. Serve with the marinated tomatoes, sprinkled with the basil.
- Per Serving
- Calories 374
- Fat 25g
- Sat Fat 7g
- Cholesterol 80mg
- Sodium 1,008mg
- Protein 29g
- Carbohydrate 8g
- Sugar 5g
- Fiber 2g
- Iron 2mg
- Calcium 174mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
You can substitute prosciutto or thinly sliced salami for the ham and a small eggplant for the zucchini.