Chicken With Goat Cheese Vinaigrette
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 cup orzo
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled (1⁄2 cup)
- 4 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts, split horizontally
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Cook the orzo according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine ⅓ cup of the olive oil, the parsley, and crushed red pepper; fold in the goat cheese.
- Season the chicken with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. In a large skillet, heat the remaining tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat. Working in batches, cook the chicken until cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Serve with the orzo and goat cheese vinaigrette.
- Per Serving
- Calories 599Calories From Fat 269
- Fat 30g
- Sat Fat 7g
- Cholesterol 105mg
- Sodium 400mg
- Protein 44g
- Carbohydrate 36g
- Sugar 2g
- Fiber 2g
- Iron 3mg
- Calcium 73mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
For a nice, relishlike sauce, be sure the goat cheese is cold when you toss it with the olive oil mixture.