bone-in chicken breasts (2 to 3)
16-ounce jar mild salsa verde
fresh cilantro sprigs, plus more for serving
sour cream, plus more for serving
frozen corn, thawed
Muenster or Monterey Jack cheese, grated (about 2 cups)
kosher salt and black pepper
6-inch flour tortillas
long-grain white rice
- Heat oven to 400° F. Place the chicken in a medium saucepan, add enough water to cover, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes; transfer to a plate and let cool. When cool enough to handle, shred the chicken, discarding the skin and bones. Place the meat in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, puree the salsa, cilantro, and ½ cup of the sour cream until smooth. Transfer to a small saucepan and simmer until slightly thickened, 10 to 12 minutes. Stir in the remaining ½ cup of sour cream.
- Add the corn, 1 cup of the Muenster, ½ cup of the sauce, and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper to the chicken and toss to combine.
- Spread 1 cup of the remaining sauce in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Roll up the chicken in the tortillas (about ½ cup each) and place seam-side down in the dish. Top with the remaining sauce and Muenster. Bake until bubbling and beginning to brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the package directions. Serve with the enchiladas, sour cream, and cilantro.