Chicken Enchiladas With Green Salsa
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 small zucchini, diced
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup corn kernels (from 1 ear, or frozen and thawed)
- 1 2- to 2 1/2 pound rotisserie chicken, meat shredded
- 1 1/2 cups grated Monterey Jack (6 ounces)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 12 6-inch corn tortillas
- 1 pound tomatillos, papery husks removed
- 1 jalapeño, seeded
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup sour cream (optional)
- Heat oven to 400° F. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add zucchini, onion, and corn and cook, stirring, until onion begins to soften, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer vegetables to a large bowl. Add chicken, Monterey Jack, 1 teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Mix to combine.
- Wipe out the skillet and heat remaining oil over medium heat. Cook each tortilla until softened, 10 to 15 seconds per side. Transfer to a paper towel–lined plate.
- Divide chicken mixture among the tortillas, roll them up, and place them in a baking dish, seam-side down. Bake until heated through, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, pulse the tomatillos, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice, and ½ teaspoon salt until finely chopped. Serve the enchiladas with the salsa and sour cream, if using.
- Per Serving
- Calories 809Calories From Fat 46%
- Fat 41g
- Sat Fat 13g
- Cholesterol 161mg
- Sodium 1121mg
- Protein 59g
- Carbohydrate 54g
- Fiber 10g
- Sugar 9g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .