Chicken Curry in a Hurry
Serves 6| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained (optional)
- meat from 1 rotisserie chicken, sliced or shredded
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-low heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 7 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the curry powder and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the yogurt and cream and simmer gently for 3 minutes. Stir in the salt, pepper, and tomatoes (if desired). Remove from heat.
- Divide the rice and chicken among individual bowls, spoon the sauce over the top, and sprinkle with the cilantro.
- Per Serving
- Calories 363Calories From Fat 198
- Fat 22g
- Sat Fat 10g
- Cholesterol 126mg
- Sodium 262mg
- Protein 29g
- Carbohydrate 11g
- Sugar 2g
- Fiber 1g
- Iron 2mg
- Calcium 67mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Don’t uncover the pan or stir the rice during cooking. If it is done before you’re ready to serve, place a folded towel over the pan and replace the lid.