Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) almonds, roughly chopped
- Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry with paper towels. Cut it into 1-inch pieces and place in a bowl. Sprinkle with the curry and cinnamon, toss, and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and zucchini and cook until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining oil in the skillet. Add the chicken and cook until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Add the broth, cream, salt, and pepper. Bring to a simmer. Return vegetables to the skillet and heat until the chicken is cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Divide the rice among bowls. Top with the chicken curry and sprinkle with the basil and almonds.
- Per Serving
- Calories 591Calories From Fat 70%
- Fat 46g
- Sat Fat 22g
- Cholesterol 188mg
- Sodium 860mg
- Carbohydrate 14g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 34g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Feel free to use what’s on hand: Substitute coconut milk for cream, eggplant for zucchini, cilantro for basil, or cashews for almonds.