boneless, skinless chicken breasts
medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
medium zucchini, thinly sliced
low-sodium chicken broth
fresh basil leaves, torn
(1 ounce) almonds, roughly chopped
- Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry with paper towels. Cut it into 1-inch pieces and place in a bowl. Sprinkle with the curry and cinnamon, toss, and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and zucchini and cook until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining oil in the skillet. Add the chicken and cook until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Add the broth, cream, salt, and pepper. Bring to a simmer. Return vegetables to the skillet and heat until the chicken is cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Divide the rice among bowls. Top with the chicken curry and sprinkle with the basil and almonds.