- 8 ounces linguine (½ box)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Kosher salt
- 6 scallions, cut into 1-inch lengths, plus additional sliced scallions for serving
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 English cucumber, sliced into half-moons
- 1/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Heat the oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp, 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer the garlic to paper towels with a slotted spoon. Reserve the oil.
- Combine the chicken, cornstarch, and ½ teaspoon of salt in a bowl; toss to coat. Heat 2 tablespoons of the reserved garlic oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add the chicken in an even layer. Cook, without touching, until browned on the bottom, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir and cook until cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the scallions and ginger to the skillet. Cook over high heat, stirring, until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the cucumber and cook, stirring, until crisp-tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the chicken, pasta, broth, and soy sauce. Cook, stirring, until coated and hot, 1 to 2 minutes. Top with the sliced scallions and crispy garlic.