Chicken With Creamy Spinach and Shallots
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 small chicken thighs (about 2 pounds)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 bunches spinach, thick stems removed (about 8 cups)
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Cook chicken until browned and cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes per side. Transfer to individual plates.
- Spoon off and discard all but 1 tablespoon of the fat and return the skillet to medium heat. Add the shallots and cook, stirring, until they begin to soften, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in the wine and sour cream. Add the spinach and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Cook, tossing gently, until the spinach begins to wilt, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve with the chicken.
- Per Serving
- Calories 548
- Fat 29g
- Sat Fat 8g
- Cholesterol 122mg
- Sodium 809mg
- Protein 40g
- Carbohydrate 30g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 3g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
This rich, sophisticated take on sautéed spinach is also great alongside seared steak, pork, or lamb.