- 5 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 chicken cutlets (about 3/4 pound total)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 small head romaine, chopped
- 4 ounces Cheddar, cubed (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons of your favorite vinaigrette
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp, 6 to 8 minutes. Let cool on a paper towel-lined plate. Break into pieces. Add the oil to the drippings in the skillet.
- Season the chicken with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook until cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes per side; slice.
- Toss the romaine with the Cheddar, red onion, vinaigrette, bacon, and chicken in a large bowl.