Open-Face Chicken Caprese Sandwiches
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts, split horizontally
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 8 slices country bread
- 3 sliced tomatoes
- 8 ounces sliced mozzarella
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- Heat broiler. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with ¾ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper and, working in batches, cook until cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Dividing evenly, top the bread with the chicken, tomatoes, and mozzarella.
- Place on a broilerproof baking sheet and broil until the cheese is melted, 3 to 5 minutes. Sprinkle with the basil.
- Per Serving
- Calories 608Calories From Fat 178
- Fat 20g
- Sat Fat 8g
- Cholesterol 120mg
- Sodium 1,183mg
- Protein 59g
- Carbohydrate 47g
- Sugar 9g
- Fiber 5g
- Iron 4mg
- Calcium 499mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .