- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 4 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts, split horizontally
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 8 slices country bread
- 3 sliced tomatoes
- 8ounces sliced mozzarella
- 1/4cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- Heat broiler. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with ¾ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper and, working in batches, cook until cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Dividing evenly, top the bread with the chicken, tomatoes, and mozzarella.
- Place on a broilerproof baking sheet and broil until the cheese is melted, 3 to 5 minutes. Sprinkle with the basil.