Chicken With Bulgur Pilaf
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Cook the chicken until golden, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the broth, bulgur, garlic, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper to the skillet and bring to a boil.
- Nestle the chicken in the bulgur, reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer until bulgur is tender and chicken is cooked through, 15 to 17 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to individual plates. Add the spinach and basil to the bulgur in the skillet, stir until slightly wilted, and serve.
- Per Serving
- Calories 259
- Fat 8g
- Sat Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 98mg
- Carbohydrate 6g
- Sodium 855mg
- Protein 40g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 1g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Nutty-flavored whole-grain bulgur is the basis of the Middle Eastern dish tabbouleh, a cool salad with tomatoes, cucumbers, parsley, and mint.