boneless, skinless chicken breasts
kosher salt and pepper
low-sodium chicken broth
cloves garlic, chopped
bunch spinach (thick stems removed), coarsely chopped
fresh basil leaves, torn
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Cook the chicken until golden, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the broth, bulgur, garlic, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper to the skillet and bring to a boil.
- Nestle the chicken in the bulgur, reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer until bulgur is tender and chicken is cooked through, 15 to 17 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to individual plates. Add the spinach and basil to the bulgur in the skillet, stir until slightly wilted, and serve.