Chicken with Broccoli Rabe and Apricots
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season the chicken with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Cook the chicken until it is golden brown and cooked through, 7 to 8 minutes per side. Transfer to plates.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a second skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the apricots, pine nuts, and garlic and cook, stirring, until the pine nuts and garlic are golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Add the broccoli rabe, ¼ cup water, and ½ teaspoon salt to the second skillet and cook, covered, until the broccoli rabe is tender, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the apricots, pine nuts, and garlic. Serve with the chicken.
- Per Serving
- Calories 324
- Protein 39g
- Carbohydrate 13g
- Sugar 2g
- Fiber 1g
- Fat 12g
- Sat Fat 2g
- Calcium 79mg
- Iron 3mg
- Sodium 477mg
- Cholesterol 94mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Real Simple is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit choosemyplate.gov.