- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 heads baby bok choy, quartered lengthwise
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup store-bought barbecue sauce
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Cook the chicken, tossing occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the bok choy and ¼ cup water to the skillet. Cover and cook until the bok choy is just tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, barbecue sauce, and scallions. Add to the skillet and bring to a boil.
- Return the chicken to the skillet and cook, tossing, just until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve with the rice.