Chicken Baked in Parchment
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 4 small red new potatoes, thinly sliced
- 10 green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 4 scallions, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped mixed fresh herbs (tarragon, basil, parsley, and chives)
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken-breast tenders
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup dry vermouth (optional)
- Cover the potatoes in lightly salted water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for about 3 minutes or until tender-crisp. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oven to 450° F. Cut parchment paper or aluminum foil into four 16-inch rounds. Fold each in half and then reopen.
- On half of each round, place ¼ of the green beans, tomatoes, scallions, herbs, and blanched potatoes.
- Top each with ¼ of the chicken tenders and season with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Drizzle with the oil and vermouth.
- Fold over the top of the parchment. Seal tightly, making small, closely spaced folds along the edge.
- Place on a baking sheet and cook 8 to 10 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. Place each packet on a plate. Tear or cut them open at the table.
- Per Serving
- Calories 355
- Calcium 57mg
- Carbohydrate 12g
- Cholesterol 94mg
- Fat 18g
- Fiber 3g
- Iron 2mg
- Protein 37mg
- Sat Fat 3g
- Sodium 94mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .