- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 1 4- to 6-pound chicken, cut up
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (or 1/4 cup dry vermouth plus 1/4 cup water)
- 1/2 pound small white mushrooms
- 1 cup frozen small white onions, thawed
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary (or 1 tablespoon dried rosemary leaves)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Combine all ingredients except the water and cornstarch and cook in a heavy, covered casserole in a 325° F oven for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken, bacon, and vegetables to a platter; keep warm.
- Pour the sauce into a small saucepan. Combine the water and cornstarch; stir into the sauce. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.