carrots, halved lengthwise and cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces
stalk celery, cut into 1-inch pieces
leek (white and light green parts), halved lengthwise and sliced crosswise
all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
low-sodium chicken broth
dry white wine
kosher salt and black pepper
rotisserie chicken (2 1/2 to 3 pounds), meat shredded
large egg, beaten
chopped fresh dill
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the carrots, celery, and leek and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Sprinkle with ½ cup of the flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute (do not let it darken).
- Stir in the broth, wine, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and bring to a boil. Add the chicken and reduce to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the remaining 1 cup of flour, baking soda, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Stir in the sour cream and egg.
- Drop full tablespoons of the dough into the stew and cook, covered, until the dumplings are plump and cooked through, 15 to 17 minutes.
- Sprinkle the soup with the dill before serving.