Chicken With Acorn Squash and Tomatoes
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 small acorn squash (about 1 1/2 pounds), halved, seeded, and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- Heat oven to 425° F.
- On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss the squash, tomatoes, and garlic with 2 tablespoons of the oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Roast the vegetables until the squash is tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Season the chicken with the coriander, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook until golden brown and cooked through, 6 to 7 minutes per side.
- Serve the chicken with the squash and tomatoes and sprinkle with the oregano.
- Per Serving
- Calories 361
- Fat 15g
- Sat Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 94mg
- Sodium 572mg
- Protein 37g
- Carbohydrate 22g
- Sugar 6g
- Fiber 4g
- Iron 3mg
- Calcium 96mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
When roasted, the skin of acorn squash is tender enough to eat.