Chewy Sugar Cookies
Makes 38 cookies| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Heat oven to 350° F. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars on medium-high speed until fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. One at a time, beat in the eggs, then add the vanilla. Reduce speed to low and gradually add the flour mixture, mixing until just combined (do not overmix).
- Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of the dough onto baking sheets, spacing them 2 inches apart.
- Bake, rotating the baking sheets halfway through, until the cookies are golden, 12 to 15 minutes. Cool slightly on the baking sheets, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
- Per ServingServing Size: 1 cookie
- Calories 117Calories From Fat 45
- Fat 5g
- Sat Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 24mg
- Sodium 51mg
- Protein 1g
- Carbohydrate 17g
- Sugar 11g
- Fiber 0g
- Iron 0mg
- Calcium 8mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Add a slice of bread to your storage container to keep the cookies moist.