Chewy Oatmeal-Raisin Cookies
Makes 48 cookies| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (not quick-cooking)
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- Heat oven to 350° F. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars on medium-high speed until fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. One at a time, beat in the eggs, then the vanilla. Reduce speed to low and gradually add the flour mixture, mixing until just combined (do not overmix). Mix in the oats and raisins by hand.
- Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of the dough onto baking sheets, spacing them 2 inches apart.
- Bake, rotating the baking sheets halfway through, until golden, 12 to 14 minutes. Cool slightly on the baking sheets, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
- Per ServingServing Size: 1 cookie
- Calories 102Calories From Fat 39
- Fat 4g
- Sat Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 19mg
- Sodium 52mg
- Protein 2g
- Carbohydrate 15g
- Sugar 7g
- Fiber 1g
- Iron 1mg
- Calcium 12mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Add a slice of bread to your storage container to keep the cookies moist.