- 1½cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1teaspoon baking soda
- 1teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1cup packed light brown sugar
- ½cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3cups old-fashioned rolled oats (not quick-cooking)
- 1½cups raisins
- Heat oven to 350° F. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars on medium-high speed until fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. One at a time, beat in the eggs, then the vanilla. Reduce speed to low and gradually add the flour mixture, mixing until just combined (do not overmix). Mix in the oats and raisins by hand.
- Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of the dough onto baking sheets, spacing them 2 inches apart.
- Bake, rotating the baking sheets halfway through, until golden, 12 to 14 minutes. Cool slightly on the baking sheets, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.