- 4cups fresh cherries, pitted, or two 12-ounce bags frozen pitted cherries
- 1/3cup brandy
- 8ounces cream cheese
- 2cups heavy cream
- 1/2cup confectioners' sugar
- 12 ladyfingers
- 1/2cup (2 ounces) sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/2cup grated dark chocolate
- In a medium saucepan, combine the cherries and brandy. Bring to a simmer and cook until the cherries are soft but still hold their shape, about 7 minutes. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, with an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the heavy cream and sugar and mix on low speed to combine. Increase the speed and whip until firm peaks form.
- Place 6 ladyfingers in the bottom of a 2½-quart bowl. Top with half the cherries and their juices, ¼ cup of the almonds, ¼ cup of the chocolate, and half the cream mixture. Continue to layer with the remaining ingredients. Refrigerate, covered, for 3 hours or until set. Divide among individual bowls.