- 1pound large cherry tomatoes (about 24)
- 1/4cup olive oil
- 2tablespoons fresh oregano leaves, or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 2 garlic cloves, halved lengthwise
- Heat oven to 275ºF.
- Arrange the tomatoes in a shallow baking dish or on a cookie sheet. Drizzle half the oil over the tomatoes and sprinkle with the oregano, a few grinds of pepper, and half the salt. Bake about 40 minutes or until the tomato skins pucker and split slightly. Remove from oven.
- Set oven to broil and toast the bread on both sides until golden (or use a toaster). Remove to a serving dish and immediately rub the cut sides of the garlic into one side of each slice. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt and drizzle with the remaining oil. Serve the tomatoes on top of the toast.