- ¼ cup cornmeal
- ½ cup old fashioned oats
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- ⅓ cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 2 pounds nectarines (about 4), peeled, pitted and cut into ¼-inch wedges
- 1 pound cherries, pitted and halved
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Heat the oven to 350°F. Combine the cornmeal, oats, ¼ cup brown sugar, and salt in a medium bowl. Add the coconut oil and stir until everything is evenly moistened. Stir in the pecans and the coconut.
- Combine the nectarines, cherries, ¼ cup brown sugar, and cornstarch in a 1½-quart baking dish. Sprinkle the oat mixture overtop. Bake the crisp until the fruit is tender, the juices are bubbling, and the topping is golden brown, about 40 minutes.