Cheesy Vegetable Pasta
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1/2 pound dry ziti or penne
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 2 medium eggplants, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 large yellow onion, quartered
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup pasta sauce
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) crumbled Feta
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Meanwhile, whisk together the vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, and 1 tablespoon of the oil in a small bowl. Place the zucchini, eggplants, and onion on a baking sheet. Brush with the vinaigrette. Heat broiler on high. Broil until tender, 8 minutes per side.
- Heat oven to 350° F. Chop the roasted vegetables. Place a large pot over low heat. Add the garlic and the remaining oil and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the drained pasta, vegetables, oregano, tomatoes, pasta sauce, Feta, black pepper, red pepper flakes, and the remaining
salt and toss. Transfer to a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with the mozzarella. Cover and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover
and bake for 20 minutes more.
- Per Serving
- Calories 670Calories From Fat 43%
- Fat 32g
- Sat Fat 6g
- Cholesterol 49mg
- Sodium 998mg
- Carbohydrate 73g
- Fiber 13g
- Sugar 18g
- Protein 30g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .