Cheesy Baked Shells and Broccoli
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Heat broiler. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the flour and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Whisk in the milk and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add 1 ½ cups of the cheese and stir until melted. Stir in the nutmeg, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Add the pasta and broccoli and toss to combine. Transfer to a broilerproof 8-inch square or a 1 ½-quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle with the remaining ½ cup of cheese. Broil until golden, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Per Serving
- Calories 697Calories From Fat 34%
- Fat 26g
- Cholesterol 82mg
- Carbohydrate 78g
- Sodium 650mg
- Protein 34g
- Fiber 6g
- Sugar 9g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Instead of broccoli, try making this deliciously gooey dish with frozen peas.