Cheeseburger Skillet Pie With Tomato Salad
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced fire-roasted tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 1/2 cups biscuit mix, plus required ingredients
- 4 ounces Cheddar, grated (1 cup)
- 1 1/2 pounds assorted fresh tomatoes, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Heat oven to 400° F. Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a medium ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and ½ teaspoon salt and cook, stirring frequently, until beginning to brown, 6 to 7 minutes. Add the beef and cook, breaking it up with a spoon, until no longer pink, 6 to 8 minutes. Add the canned tomatoes (with their juices) and cook until slightly thickened, 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Prepare the biscuit mix according to the package directions. Drop 8 mounds of the dough onto the meat mixture in the skillet and sprinkle with the Cheddar. Bake until the biscuits are golden and cooked through, 18 to 22 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the fresh tomatoes, shallot, parsley, vinegar, the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Serve with the cheeseburger pie.
- Per Serving
- Calories 690
- Fat 41g
- Sat Fat 13g
- Cholesterol 101mg
- Sodium 1,595mg
- Protein 36g
- Carbohydrate 46g
- Sugar 12g
- Fiber 3g
- Iron 5mg
- Calcium 302mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .