- 1pound fresh or frozen cheese tortellini
- 1cup frozen peas
- 4tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 small bunch flat-leaf spinach, thick stems removed (about 6 cups)
- 1 medium beefsteak tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1teaspoon finely grated lemon zest, plus 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Cook the tortellini according to the package directions, adding the peas during the last minute of cooking.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat and cook, stirring frequently, until golden, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the spinach and tomato and cook, tossing occasionally, until the spinach is wilted and the tomato begins to soften, 4 to 5 minutes more.
- Add the tortellini, peas, lemon zest and juice, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper to the skillet and toss to combine.