Cheese Ravioli With Kale Pesto and Roasted Carrots
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 pound carrots (about 6), sliced
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons roasted almonds, plus more, chopped, for serving
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 small bunch kale, stems discarded and leaves torn (about 31/2 cups)
- 1 1/2 ounces grated Parmesan (1/3 cup), plus more for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 16 to 18 ounces fresh or frozen cheese ravioli
- Heat oven to 450° F. Toss the carrots, 2 tablespoons of the oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper on a rimmed baking sheet and roast, tossing once, until tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pulse the almonds and garlic in a food processor until finely chopped. Add the kale, Parmesan, lemon zest, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper; pulse until finely chopped. With the machine running, add the remaining 4 tablespoons of oil. Process until smooth.
- Cook the ravioli according to the package directions. Reserve ½ cup of the cooking water; drain the ravioli and return them to the pot.
- Add the carrots, pesto, and ¼ cup of the reserved cooking water and toss gently to coat (adding more cooking water as needed to loosen the sauce). Serve warm, sprinkled with the chopped almonds and Parmesan.
- Per Serving
- Calories 545
- Fat 33g
- Sat Fat 8g
- Cholesterol 52mg
- Sodium 811mg
- Protein 17g
- Carbohydrate 47g
- Sugar 8g
- Fiber 5g
- Iron 11mg
- Calcium 326mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Make the pesto up to two days in advance.