Mashed Potatoes With Chipotles and Cheddar
Serves 8| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 3 pounds Yukon gold potatoes (about 6; peeled if desired), cut into 2-inch chunks
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 8 ounces Cheddar, grated (2 cups)
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chipotles in adobo sauce, chopped
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and add 2 teaspoons salt and enough cold water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the potatoes are very tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Drain and return the potatoes to the pot.
- Add the Cheddar, milk, 1 teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper to the potatoes and mash to the desired consistency. Fold in the chipotles just before serving.
- Per Serving
- Calories 270
- Fat 10g
- Sat Fat 6g
- Cholesterol 32mg
- Sodium 591mg
- Protein 12g
- Carbohydrate 32g
- Sugar 1g
- Fiber 2g
- Iron 2mg
- Calcium 230mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .