- 1 pound fresh fava beans, shelled (1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups fresh corn kernels, cut from 4 ears of corn
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- Blanch the fava beans in a pot of lightly salted boiling water for 2 minutes and drain. Rinse the beans under cold water to stop the cooking. Peel off and discard the green skins; set aside the beans.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the corn, onion, garlic, and salt and cook, stirring frequently, until the vegetables are slightly charred and golden, 6 to 7 minutes. Add the bell pepper and beans and cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add the scallion, and toss well. Serve warm or at room temperature.