- 1cup walnuts
- 1cup raisins
- 1/2cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4cup kosher red wine (such as Manischewitz)
- 1/4cup honey
- 1teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2teaspoon ground cinnamon
- kosher salt
- 2 crisp apples (such as Gala or McIntosh), peeled and roughly chopped
- Heat oven to 350° F. Spread the walnuts on a rimmed baking sheet and toast in oven, tossing occasionally, until fragrant, 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool, then roughly chop.
- Meanwhile, combine the raisins and orange juice in a small saucepan; simmer over medium-low heat until most of the liquid is absorbed, 5 to 7 minutes. Let cool, then stir in the wine, honey, lemon zest, cinnamon, and ¼ teaspoon salt.
- In a large bowl, combine the apples and walnuts with the raisin mixture and toss to combine. Cover and let sit for at least 4 hours.