Cauliflower Soup With Prosciutto Sandwiches
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower, broth, and milk and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Cut the rolls in half. Layer the bottoms with the prosciutto and watercress. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Top with the roll halves.
- Puree the soup in the pan using a handheld immersion blender or, working in batches, a standard blender.
- Stir in 1 ⅔ cups of the Cheddar, 1 teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Divide the soup into bowls. Add the remaining oil and Cheddar and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Serve with the sandwiches.
- Per Serving
- Calories 687Calories From Fat 55%
- Fat 42g
- Sat Fat 17g
- Cholesterol 108mg
- Sodium 1884mg
- Carbohydrate 53g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 12g
- Protein 36g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .