Cauliflower and Chickpea Stew With Couscous
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 28-ounce can whole tomatoes
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 head cauliflower, cored and cut into small florets
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 5-ounce package baby spinach, chopped
- 1 cup couscous
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until it starts to soften, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the cumin, ginger, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes (crushing with your hands as you add them) and their liquid, chickpeas, cauliflower, raisins, and ½ cup water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until the vegetables are tender and the liquid has slightly thickened, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Fold in the spinach and cook until just wilted, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the couscous in a large bowl. Add 1 cup of hot tap water, cover, and let sit for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Serve with the stew.
- Per Serving
- Calories 446
- Fat 9g
- Sat Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 735mg
- Protein 16g
- Carbohydrate 80g
- Sugar 23g
- Fiber 13g
- Iron 6mg
- Calcium 119mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .