- 1/4 cup pecans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 1 small head cauliflower (about 1 1/2 pounds), cut into florets (about 5 cups)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 red apple (such as Fuji or Braeburn), thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Heat oven to 350° F. Spread the pecans on a rimmed baking sheet and toast, tossing occasionally, until fragrant, 6 to 8 minutes. Let cool, then roughly chop.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shallot and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the cauliflower and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook, tossing occasionally, until golden, 4 to 6 minutes. Add the apple, thyme, and ½ cup water. Cover and cook until the cauliflower is tender, 8 to 10 minutes more. Stir in the butter and sprinkle with the pecans.