Cardamom Cashew Balls
Makes 36 cookies| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Heat oven to 350° F. In a food processor, process the cashews until finely ground.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the ground cashews, flour, cardamom, and salt; set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and ⅓ cup of the sugar on medium-high until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Beat in the vanilla.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and gradually add the flour mixture, mixing until just combined (do not overmix).
- Shape the dough into balls (about 1 tablespoon each) and place 2 inches apart on baking sheets.
- Bake, rotating the baking sheets halfway through, until just beginning to brown, 12 to 14 minutes. Let cool slightly on the baking sheets, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Place the remaining ⅓ cup of sugar on a plate. A few at a time, roll the cookies in the sugar to coat.
- Per ServingServing Size: 1 cookie
- Calories 123
- Fat 9g
- Sat Fat 4g
- Cholesterol 13mg
- Sodium 103mg
- Protein 2g
- Carbohydrate 10g
- Sugar 3g
- Fiber 0g
- Iron 1mg
- Calcium 6mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .