- 3pounds carrots—peeled, cut into 2-inch pieces, and halved lengthwise if thick
- 1/4cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, very thinly sliced, plus 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 1/2teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Steam the carrots in a steamer basket in a large saucepan until tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, warm the oil, lemon, olives, and crushed red pepper over medium-high heat until the lemon is softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the carrots, lemon juice, parsley, 1 teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper and toss gently to combine.