vegetable cooking spray
medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed and thinly sliced
fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
pork tenderloins, halved (1 1/2 to 2 pounds total), 4 skinless, boneless chicken-breast halves, or 1 1/2 pounds salmon fillet (4 pieces)
freshly ground black pepper
juice from 1 orange
- Heat oven to 450º F. Lightly coat 2 baking pans with cooking spray. In a bowl, toss the sweet potato slices with oil.
- Arrange potatoes in a single layer on one baking pan. Sprinkle with half the rosemary. Place in the oven and roast until tender, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, season each side of the meat or salmon with salt and a few grinds of pepper. Spread with mustard. Sprinkle with sugar and remaining rosemary.
- Arrange the meat or fish on the second baking pan. Roast, turning once, until cooked through, 20 minutes for pork or chicken, 10 minutes for salmon.
- Check the potatoes for tenderness; cook longer if necessary. Arrange on 4 plates and top with the meat or fish. Cover to keep warm.
- Place the baking pan used for the meat or fish over medium heat on the stovetop. Add the orange juice and cook until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Pour the juice over meat or fish. Season with salt and pepper to taste.