Caramelized Pineapple With Coconut Sorbet
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 pineapple, cored and cut into 8 half-moons (or 4 canned pineapple rings, cut in half)
- 1 pint coconut sorbet
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sugar and cook, stirring, for 1 minute (the butter and sugar will remain separated).
- Add the pineapple and cook, swirling the pan, until the pineapple is tender and the sauce is smooth, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Serve the pineapple with the sorbet and drizzle with the sauce.
- Per Serving
- Calories 281Calories From Fat 28%
- Protein 0g
- Carbohydrate 53g
- Sugar 39g
- Fiber 1g
- Fat 9g
- Sat Fat 6g
- Calcium 41mg
- Iron 0mg
- Sodium 17mg
- Cholesterol 20mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Use a paring knife to cut fruits and vegetables.