Makes 10 caramel apples| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 pounds lady apples or tart apples, such as Macouns or Winesaps
- 1 pound caramel squares
- 10 wooden sticks
- Wash and completely dry the apples. Insert a wooden stick into the top end of each. Line a baking sheet with wax paper and set aside.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the caramels with ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons water. Cook until smooth, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- While the caramel is hot, dip the apples in, swirling to coat evenly. Let the excess caramel drip off and place the apples
on the lined baking sheet. Place in the refrigerator to harden, about 1 hour.
- Per Serving
- Calories 216.67Calories From Fat 16%
- Calcium 67.6mg
- Carbohydrate 46.45g
- Cholesterol 3.18mg
- Fat 3.82g
- Fiber 2.55g
- Iron 0.16mg
- Protein 2.3mg
- Sat Fat 3.01g
- Sodium 111.96mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .