6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
blackening or Cajun seasoning
kosher salt and black pepper
cloves garlic, sliced
red bell pepper, sliced
bunch collard greens, stems discarded and leaves cut into strips (about 10 cups)
15-ounce can black-eyed peas, rinsed
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season the chicken with blackening seasoning, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
- Cook the chicken until golden brown and cooked through, 6 to 7 minutes per side. Transfer to plates.
- Meanwhile, in a second skillet, heat the remaining 3 tablespoons of oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and bell pepper to the second skillet and cook, tossing frequently, until beginning to soften, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the collard greens, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook, tossing, until just tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in the black-eyed peas and cook until heated through, for 1 to 2 minutes more. Serve with chicken.