Caesar Salad With Grilled Garlic and Chicken
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 teaspoons plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 head garlic, cloves separated, unpeeled
- 4 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 baguette, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 2 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 hearts of romaine lettuce, trimmed and quartered lengthwise
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan (2 ounces)
- Heat grill to medium-high. Place 1 teaspoon oil and all but 2 cloves of the garlic on a piece of heavy-duty foil and close to form a pouch.
- Grill the pouch, shaking occasionally, until the garlic is soft, 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, rub the chicken with 1 teaspoon oil and season with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Grill until cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes per side.
- Grill the bread for 1 minute per side.
- Peel and finely chop the 2 raw garlic cloves. Add to a large bowl with the anchovies, lemon juice, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and remaining oil. Toss with the lettuce.
- Serve the lettuce with the chicken and Parmesan. Squeeze the grilled garlic cloves from their skins and serve with the toasts.
- Per Serving
- Calories 481
- Fat 20g
- Sat Fat 5g
- Cholesterol 123mg
- Sodium 1,624mg
- Protein 52g
- Carbohydrate 23g
- Fiber 2g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .