plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
head garlic, cloves separated, unpeeled
6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
kosher salt and black pepper
baguette, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
anchovy fillets, finely chopped
fresh lemon juice
hearts of romaine lettuce, trimmed and quartered lengthwise
shaved Parmesan (2 ounces)
- Heat grill to medium-high. Place 1 teaspoon oil and all but 2 cloves of the garlic on a piece of heavy-duty foil and close to form a pouch.
- Grill the pouch, shaking occasionally, until the garlic is soft, 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, rub the chicken with 1 teaspoon oil and season with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Grill until cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes per side.
- Grill the bread for 1 minute per side.
- Peel and finely chop the 2 raw garlic cloves. Add to a large bowl with the anchovies, lemon juice, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and remaining oil. Toss with the lettuce.
- Serve the lettuce with the chicken and Parmesan. Squeeze the grilled garlic cloves from their skins and serve with the toasts.