- 1 14.5-ounce can whole peeled tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- kosher salt
- 1 1-pound package pizza dough (thawed, if frozen)
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced, or 4 ounces shredded provolone
- 8 fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/4 cup store-bought Caesar salad dressing
- 1/4 cup (3/4 ounce) grated Parmesan
- Heat oven to 450° F. In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, combine the tomatoes and their juices, the oregano, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, crushing the tomatoes with a wooden spoon, until the sauce thickens, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Shape the dough into one 12- to 14-inch round and place on a baking sheet. Cover with the sauce and top with the mozzarella.
- Bake the pizza until the crust is golden brown and crisp, about 20 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board.
- Sprinkle with the basil, slice into wedges, and divide among plates.
- In a large bowl, toss the lettuce and dressing. Top the pizza slices with the salad and sprinkle with the Parmesan.