Caesar Salad With Chicken and Avocado
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan, plus shavings for serving (optional)
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 romaine hearts, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 rotisserie chicken, meat sliced (2 cups)
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained well
- 2 avocados, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- In a small bowl, whisk together the garlic, lemon juice, mustard, anchovy paste, grated Parmesan, oil, and a few grinds of pepper. Set aside.
- Place half a romaine heart on each plate and top with some of the chicken, chickpeas, avocado, and walnuts. Drizzle with the dressing.
- Use a vegetable peeler to create long Parmesan shavings for the topping, if desired.
- Per Serving
- Calories 953
- Calcium 157mg
- Carbohydrate 34g
- Cholesterol 58mg
- Fat 80g
- Fiber 13g
- Iron 4mg
- Protein 31mg
- Sat Fat 9g
- Sodium 503mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .